Caleb and Terrah both grew up in Christian homes and were saved at young ages. We met at Clearwater Christian College in Clearwater, FL and were married after graduation in 2009.
We have been members of First Baptist Church, Tallahassee, FL since 2010 and attended until departing for South Africa in 2016.
While there, we were active in the music ministry, specifically in Santuary Choir and Handbell Choir, and in forming small ensembles and leading and coordinating the children's choir ministries.
We are privileged to have First Baptist as our sending church.
Caleb has a Bachelors in Business Administration from Clearwater Christian College and a Master of Science in International Affairs from Florida State University. His business background is in logistics, having worked for 5 years with a fortune 300 company in Tallahassee, FL. His passion is helping others achieve their goals, mobilizing believers to the mission of God for the nations, and studying the interplay of culture and politics with theology and missiology.
Terrah has a Bachelors in Music Education from Clearwater Christian College, with a proficiency in voice performance. She has taught music at the elementary and high school level, and founded her own private music studio. Her focus is in directing choirs and teaching elementary music. Terrah's passion is utilizing music to build relationships, discipling high school girls in their relationship with Christ, and loves playing her guitar, affectionately known as "Jess."
Together, Caleb and Terrah love to sing and lead worship, being outdoors with Levi and Chloe exploring beautiful South Africa, and good coffee!
We were called into full-time ministry around Easter 2015 and from November of that year to September 2016 we were on full-time deputation.
In 2016 we moved to Knysna, South Africa. It is an honour and a privilege to serve God by using the education and professional background and passions He has already given us. We could not imagine a better calling for our lives than to make the name of Christ known among the nations!
Levi is 10 years old and in Grade 4 at Riverwood Primary School. He loves all things cycling, bakkies (pickup trucks), airplanes and Legos. He is enjoys tennis and cycling lessons, is picking up Afrikaans quickly and loves to get together with his friends from school.
Chloe is 7 and in grade 2 at Riverwood Primary School. She is absolutely full of life and loves ballet, unicorns, horses, and all the big African cats. She loves to sing, play outside, and spend time at the beautiful Knysna beaches.
Lily is 2 and was born here in Knysna and is simply a joy to have in our family. She is such a sweetheart, feisty and full of life!
1. We believe in one God, maker of heaven and earth, and eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe the Bible, composed of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is God’s inspired and infallible Word. It is inerrant and is the authority for conduct, belief, and practice.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death on the cross, that He rose bodily from the grave, ascended into heaven, and will return in the clouds for His bride, the church, to earth in power and glory. And, that through His substitutionary death on the cross, His shed blood for mankind has paid for the sins of the world.
4. We believe that the present work of the Holy Spirit is to reveal Jesus Christ to people, to regenerate those who believe, and that He indwells Christians to mediate the life of Jesus Christ in them.
5. We believe people were created in the image of God. Through Adam all people obtained a sin nature which produces sin. Because of sin, all people in their natural condition are separated from God and are under the wrath and condemnation of God.
6. We believe people may be saved from the wrath of God, be forgiven of sin, be justified by the righteousness of Jesus Christ, and be reconciled to God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and are eternally secure in Him. This salvation is a free gift of a loving God who gives grace to all who believe.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ. We believe the church, as a local body, was commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to make disciples of all nations. We believe the two ordinances of the church are baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper; they are representations of the Lord’s death and resurrection for the believer.
July 2016 Announcement